Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Bus

Ok, so after reading the last dream I wrote about, you're probably thinking, "Dang, that's intense!" And that's really only the beginning. I'm just letting you know that, so you can chose to stop reading now if you want. Also, you may begin to see a pattern, many of my dreams involve children, actually most of the worst ones do. I don't know why. Maybe because I love children more than anything and my favorite thing to do is play with them and make them smile. So unfortunately, they are often the victims in my dreams, and I hate that. Anyway, so prepare yourself because this next dream, it's intense.

This one starts out with me driving, so I must've had it when I was 16. I am driving down a freeway really fast, probably speeding, when all of the sudden I loose control of my car. My car runs straight into another car which slams into a school bus. The bus, because of the angle that it was hit, begins flipping, over and over again, down this hill.  At first, all I saw was the car that I hit and I didn't know about the bus. So I pulled over the the side of the road and got out of my car to try to see if the other people are ok. And that when I see a school bus, a little ways down the hill that is smoking. I walk over to the scene of the wreck, not realizing yet that it was my fault, and as I survey everything, that's when it hits me, I am the one responsible for the bus, too.

As I realize what I've done I hurry down the hill, and to my dismay, I soon realize that the bus was full of small children. At some point, I'm able to make my way to the carnage. I glance up at the bus, and see it mangled on the hill. By the time I make my way down to the wreck, all of the children have gotten out of the bus, and many of their parents are there holding them, while the paramedics try to help as many children as they can. There are bright, flashing lights everywhere from various emergency vehicles.

I begin walking slowly through the wreckage, realizing what I've done. All around me children are completely covered in blood, their little bodies mangled. Parents are holding them, trying to calm the screams of their children or screaming themselves. Suddenly, one child that is close to me looks up at me with his bloody face. He stares at me with his eyes and then looks away. A parent recognizes that I'm the one who did all of this and starts screaming "How could you do this to my baby, my baby!" Many of the parents are in complete anguish as they coddle their dying children, and I stand motionless, knowing that I did this. Eventually I can't stand the scene any longer and I try to find somewhere to hide. I find an obscure corner of some building and begin to throw up. Soon, my mother finds me. As my mom looks at me, I realize that my hands are bloody too. She looks at me and says, "What are you doing in that corner." I looked back at her and said, "I'm hiding, I can't let them know that I was the one who did this." She took my hand and said, "Callan, you have to face them. You can't hide here. You have to tell them." I was terrified, but knew that my mom was not going to let me hide any longer, so I went back out  among the wreckage and began trying to tell everyone that it was my fault, that I did this to their children. I knew that I'd be going to jail because a few of the children had died and a few probably would soon. But I felt like I deserved it because of all of the anguish I had caused.

And then I woke up.
That was one of the first dreams that I was ever completely disgusted by. I woke up feeling unclean and terrified. I couldn't go back to sleep that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment