Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dream Journal

Today, I decided that I want to make an archive of my dreams. Those of you who know me, know that my dreams are often times quite unpleasant and terrible to even think about. Usually, when I tell people about my dreams they are shocked, horrified, disgusted, or all of the above. Occasionally, I have good ones, but on a typical night, if I am to dream, it's pretty terrible.

But here's the thing. Because my dreams are so vivid, I feel like they would be great to write about. Maybe it'll be a source of my healing from them. Perhaps, as I continue to write about the dreams I've had and continue to have, they will become more positive and less gruesome, or at least they'll happen less frequently. I figure, even if no one reads this (and I don't blame you if you don't, because it's not fun having those images in my head either) then at least it'll be good for me to get it out there, instead of just inside my head.

I think I'll just start with the dreams I remember and go from there. Some I've already written in my journal, so I can just copy and paste those onto here, others I don't think I've ever really written. So we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment